Kato Engineering Inc., a business unit of Emerson Electric (NYSE EMR), offers a complete line of precision-engineered, top quality AC generators, motor-generator sets and controls for prime, standby, and peak shaving power generation known under the brand KATO™. We are proud of our 83-year tradition of design and manufacturing excellence and innovations:
- Kato Engineering was an early user of vacuum-pressure impregnation for coil protection.
- Kato Engineering was a pioneer in the use of split bearings on rotor shafts.
- Kato Engineering was an early user of permanent magnet excitation.
- Kato Engineering was one of the first generator manufacturers to use brushless excitation.
- Kato Engineering is a preferred supplier to the US Navy and is part of the Navy’s new EMALS (Electric Magnetic Aircraft Launch System)
- Kato Engineering has recently created a generator with up to 98% efficiency (LCF™ technology)
We employ about 500 in its 250,000 sq-foot facility in North Mankato, Minnesota. It has an in-house research & development, design engineering, purchasing and sales staff. Our product is also represented by many U.S. and international sales agencies around the world.
Demand for electrical power is being created by deregulation of utilities, co-generation and the growth of developing countries, and Kato Engineering is a major supplier to this rapidly expanding global market. Oil, gas, coal, uranium, copper, iron ore, lumber...KATO™ Generators supply power to tap the world's resources. Tankers, freighters, locomotives, aircraft, mass transit...We furnishe the power to keep all of them moving. Hospitals, communication industries, remote areas of the country, any place where dependable controllable electrical power is needed...that's where you will find KATO™ generators.
The ruggedly constructed KATO™ Generators have survived the harshest environments, and our commitment to meeting customer needs has made the Kato name synonymous with dependable power generation worldwide.
Kato Engineering Inc. uses the following terms and conditions of sale.