Leroy-Somer produced its first wind turbine generator in the 80s.
Since then, Leroy-Somer has designed and built generators of all types and sizes for this market. Leroy-Somer was among the first industrial-scale producers of 3MW generators.
- Power output available from 600kW up to 5MW
- Voltages from 400 V to 15000 V
- Induction or synchronous generators
- Fixed or variable speed range (4 – 6 – 8 Pole)
- Cooling Air/Air- Air/Water
- Leroy-Somer has developed a water-cooled system, which particularly suites wind turbine applications. Water cooling focused on the active parts of the generator guarantees heat control and therefore extends the generator’s life.